Let me just plug once again my upcoming talk at the GIA Alumni Association, Wednesday night, March 10, at 7 PM, on “Hot Topics on the Diamond and Jewelry Industry.” Details here. Hope to see you there …
And now the news:
Carlyle bid abandoned?
Zale appears to be leaving New York. Whenever I pass the New York Zale stores, business always seems pretty slow.
– GLG has interesting Zale speculation.
– Breeden speaks to the Wall Street Journal. Some interesting stuff in there.
– The Deal magazine has interview about possible Apollo takeover.
JCK to be redesigned, beefed up, not merging with WWD.
Consumer case against Bidz dismissed.
Lot of grading labs going to India.
– New chairman for Indian Diamond Institute. (Mark Boston)
New KP monitor goes to Zimbabwe.
– Rap has open letter to new monitor.
– Hires Namibian consultants.
– Zimbabwe threatens to bolt again.
– President defends deals.
Chaim on a diamond scam.
De Beers criticizes State Diamond Trader.
Alrosa may increase supplies to India.
Ban urged for CMKM Diamonds CEO.
Laura Simanton leaves GIA.
Philadelphia jewelry robbers leave kid behind.
MJSA has slate of seminars.
Hit Old Spice commercial mentions diamonds.
Details on “Bachelor” engagement ring.
Trump calls jewelry designing family “talented.” Big shock.
Media Global on Zimbabwe.
Jerusalem Post on Israel chairing Kimberley.
My article on the ethics of gold.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …