First, a personal note: I’ll be at the AGS Conclave in Boston for most of next week. Will try and do this round-up and post on this blog. And hope to see some of you there.
Now the news …
Signet’s Terry Burman talks of buying chain. Interesting statement, but I’m not sure of the context.
– Signet gets new CFO.
– In this Huffington Post article the Pebble people dis Zale’s management, saying they won’t likely be there in a few years (sixth paragraph.) Sadly true, but not exactly a great way to win friends.
Werdiger charged in tax case. Very sorry to hear.
Court tries to enforce Carlyle deal. Good luck.
Lazare Kaplan still not reporting finances.
De Beers extends SOC contracts. With (short) Varda Shine interview.
– Suppliers happy.
Chaim: Rough is hot.
Could De Beers go public again?
Interview with now-former De Beers Botswana CEO.
De Beers still selling South African mine.
Diamond broker robbed in Dallas.
Interesting things from recent “Diamonds” conference.
IGI sets up lab in Surat.
– Grades world’s smallest diamond.
Indian jewelry sector shows growth.
Rio Tinto diamond production down.
Zimbabwe ministers visit Marange fields.
Red diamond doesn’t sell at auction.
Another Trump enters jewelry business.
Jeweler to appear on Dateline. (Doesn’t seem like it’s a bad way.)
– Financial Times says “sparkle” returining to diamond market.
– Baltimore City Paper looks at convincted money laundering jeweler.
– Globe and Mail’s “trip inside a diamond mine.”
– Silly story in same newspaper regarding “diamonds as an investment.”
From the Blog:
Werdiger Charged in Tax Case.
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– JCK Facebook page.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.