Is Zale’s savior Golden Gate Capital?
Some thoughts from AGS.
Mother’s Day looks good for jewelry.
Kenny G: Fewer jewelers exiting industry.
Supreme Court to rule on “grey market” case.
Chaim thinks De Beers will go public again.
– So does South Africa’s Business Times.
De Beers first quarter production up.
– Diamdel sees demand from small manufacturers.
– Why are companies holding back rough?
Volcanic ash impacts diamond shipments.
– May affect DTC sight.
– Postponses Geneva auctions.
Debswana looks to diversify.
Namibian diamond sales recovering.
Ontario diamonds go for sale.
Diavik reaches safety milestone.
BBC runs show about conditions in sapphire mines. Great comments.
IGI opens lab in Surat.
NYC Deputy Mayor visits the DDC.
How Graff robbers were caught.
Many stories this week about Naomi Cambell’s alleged “blood diamond.” I can’t imagine Charles Taylor’s guilt or innocence is really that related to Naomi Campbell’s testimony.
There’s a band called Conflict Diamonds.
– In what I really really hope is a copy editing mistake, a Toledo newspaper tells readers to ask for non-conflict-free diamonds.
– Reuters writes up a Wyndham speech.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine