Zale stock on
– Forbes still
pessimistic (includes Zale response.)
– As is GLG.
– Company gets new charges in
– “Still investigated” by
Helzberg renews credit
Leon Finker dies.
Are backers leaving
Luxury department stores outperform
rest of retail. (FT, reg required)
LVMH jewelry, watch revenue up.
– “De Beers” chain opening
in Southeast Asia.
– Zimbabwe minister blasts plan.
Zimbabwe claims new diamond finds.
– Zim mine
to double output.
– Country “major presence” at
– India, Zimbabwe meet.
DTC Botswana is on
Namgem has “dilemma” over diamond theft.
Bharat bourse to
Indian credibility under
Why doesn’t the diamond industry defend
Forevermark launching in India in fourth
New “Henry Dunay” company launching.
Luxury brands ranked
for “digital IQ.”
Impressive orange diamond found
in South Africa.
Kim Kardashian gets
Kayne West talks about his
York Post has something on the 47th Street gem tower. (Second
says buy diamonds/jewelry second-hand.
– Rapaport writes
the Financial Times about Marange.
– Excerpt from Ian Smillie’s book in Sierra Leone
– Sierra Leone president talks about “blood diamonds” on
goes to the diamond district to check out “gold bubble.”
From the Blog:
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news
updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck
– Now on Skype: rob.bates3