Wishing all my Indian readers a happy Diwali …
Blue Nile 3Q sales, profits up.
– Beats the street.
– Company is top
Bailey Banks & Biddle relaunches.
If KP Keeps
Deadlockin’, Don’t Come A-Knockin’
– Edahn Golan: There is still hope.
– Avi Krawitz: “A new era.”
– NGOs want impasse
resolved. A surprising tack.
– Monitoring mission report.
– (Pre-Plenary) Human Rights Watch release.
Zimbabwe arrests Marange mining
– Greeted with “skepticism.” These arrests apparently unsettled
Western delegates at the KP Plenary, and are one reason no final agreement was reached.
Zimbabwe minister dismisses
Indian diamond deal.
Tax raids on Indian
– Recent defaults “a
Argyle tender sells out.
De Beers drops Everlon court
Australian Jewelers Association expels website.
Survival International calls for Botswana
diamond boycott over “Bushmen” issue.
– Botswana understandably ticked. I notice that this article was
retweeted by Global Witness.
– Country’s exports rise.
– BBC worries Botswana’s diamonds running
Gem Diamonds finds
Shrenuj sales up 56%.
Jeweler dies after home
Jewelers in Wilmington. (One store remains open.)
Charges against Israeli charged with diamond theft in
Arrest for diamond employe’s murder in
Case against Charles Taylor falling
Singapore bourse elects
From the Blog:
I’m heading home. Have a great weekend!
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news
updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck
– Now on Skype: rob.bates3