No news on the Kimberley Process and Zimbabwe, for those of
you who aren’t totally tired with the whole thing, but my info is all the sides
are still talking (and talking, and talking.) There are some more articles on this down below …
Wishing all of my readers who celebrate a
Happy Hannukah …
Blue Nile claims “record”
sales on Black Friday.
– 25% of traffic from
mobile app. Sold $250,000 ring.
– Cyber Monday (overall) hits $1
Neiman, Saks see
strong jewelry sales.
Gold price hits
“Local deal” sites eyed by big companies.
Helzberg brings back “I am Loved” slogan.
– Stops airing ad on Glenn Beck show. (No politics, please, in the comments.)
– Kimberley Process stalemate “continues.”
– Zimbabwe threatens to sue KP.
– Surat Rough Sourcing “hopeful.”
$80 million in diamonds missing from
– Core Minerals offers
– State “ready to prosecute.”
Changes to De
Beers/Botswana agreement? Weird formatting in that interview.
– A “milestone” sale in
Naming wars over lab-grown diamonds continue.
The world’s first
Pink diamond sets
record for Asia.
big rough stones.
Wikileaks: State Dept. asked
for info on Kimberley Process evasions.
Oppenheimer family has
share in Wasteman, apparently bad company.
Secrets of diamond polishing “revealed.”
Jersey Shore boys like
Definitely the most unusual
jewelry ad I’ve ever seen.
Scottish dentist offers
Diamond studded nail
I’m not 100% sure how I stumbled across this, but “Blood
Diamond pants” has maybe
(or maybe not) become an Internet meme. (As in the movie.)
– Wall Street
Journal blog looks at diamond naming. Not something I’ve considered before.
– Local TV
station: Engagement rings “get colorful.” About alternatives to diamonds.
guide to engagment ring shopping.
story about how a writer “stole” their engagement ring.
TV station on chocolate diamonds.
Alpha says invest in diamonds, not gold.
– Best Week Ever makes fun of Kay commercial.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news
updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck
– Now on Skype: rob.bates3Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine