Happy Valentine’s Day?
– 11% rise predicted for
– The NRF also sees increase.
The Zale soap opera continues.
– NY Post: Piercing Pagoda deal hits “snag.”
– Board members leave Golden Gate.
– Breeden sells more Zale shares.
– Analyst predicts stock decline.
Investors souring on luxury retail.
Bulgari jewelry sales up.
Gold prices jumped 29% in
Latest DTC sight: $650
– Polished prices rising.
– Botswana’s diamond exports could reach
– Worthwhile perspective on De
to sell Finsch.
Edahn Golan: Miners moving from tenders to auctions.
The Kimberley Process’ newest challenge: The
– Christian Science
Monitor on the situation.
Report: Indian companies receive go-ahead for Marange exports.
Diamond smugglers arrested at
Two gem dealers arrested in Indian bank
Shakeup at GIA
Avi Krawitz: Consumers looking for “authenticity.” Do diamonds qualify?
De Beers hires PR firm for
– Forevermark launches in Bangalore.
Letseng mine gets record prices in
Angolan diamond company makes
– Angolan companies to explore in Zimbabwe.
Dolat Ventures increases diamond
production in Sierra Leone.
Leber Jewelers condemns KP decision on
JA wants repeal of 1099 reporting requirement.
Shake-out in “flash sale” sector?
Australian online business closes.
JC Penney closes
six stores, catalog operation.
Trollbeads parent takes over U.S. distribution.
Interesting: Pandora jewelry search results mostly spam.
Signet, Antwerp officials join
KP chair honored by
Flooding disrupts Northern Cape diamond mine.
Still more celebrity gems:
– Natalie Portman’s “certified
– Joe Jonas’ commitment
Alaska Journal has overview of the issues surrounding the proposed Pebble Mine.
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog and news updates: robbatesjck@jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine