The comment function has been working great, and as a result
we have been getting a lot more comments. Which is exactly what we want; we encourage everyone
to participate. A couple of quick notes:
– The comment spam filter can sometimes be a little
over-zealous, and occasionally legitimate comments don’t get through,
particularly if people include URLs in their messages. I usually check this
filter several times a day, but if you suspect this has happened to you, or are having any other issues, feel free to email me at rbates – at
– jckonline.com, and I will look into it.
– Needless to say, we reserve the right to reject or edit
comments that include harsh personal attacks, vulgar language, are too
promotional or far afield, etc. etc.
– If you want to email either a blog post or JCK story to friends, click on the
“share” button underneath the story, and then hit “email.” Don’t use the
comment function to do this; otherwise, your “sharing” will get posted as a
comment (and this has happened quite a bit.)
And now the news …
– Will more than double LVMH’s
– Bulgari “to
become competitor to Cartier.”
– Fourth quarter numbers disappointing.
– Had several
– Will help Bulgari expand
U.S. Census shows 900
Zale files 10-Q.
Hong Kong show “phenomenal.”
The rise of diamond prices—and
decline of America.
– Prices may rise 30 percent by
end of year.
– Edahn: Industry must be careful.
De Beers looking to
“refresh” sightholder list.
– Botswana talks loom
– “Confident” about
– DTC presentations can be viewed here.
“Unprecedented” action at
Surat rough collective “dormant” due
to KP/Zim impasse.
State Dept. official’s visit to Zimbabwe includes several
mentions of Kimberley Process. One interesting note: She says she “doesn’t
know” if Zimbabwe is compliant with KP, seemingly contradicting the finding of
last summer’s Working Group review mission, in which the U.S participated.
– Lack of KP vice chair called
No “end in sight” for De
Beers antitrust case.
Tacori denied restraining order against
Illinois passes Internet
sales tax law.
Kohl’s opens nine
Former South African president to address
Sterling appoints new
GIA appoints new
director of manufacturing arts.
Access to Argyle mine blocked by
MJSA expo “100%
Nicky Oppenheimer’s net worth jumps
Gloria Swanson ring to be auctioned by
Tiny diamonds could help in cancer treatments.
J.R.R. Tolkien’s grandson writes
– Director announced for diamond heist
A Lot of People
Putting Diamonds Places Where They Probably Shouldn’t Go:
– Kim Kardashian touts her
– Topps offers diamond-studded
– Jeweler prepares diamond prom
– Indian TV personality gets
Houston Chronicle looks at a local businessman involved in “shady” diamond
and gem deals.
Jazeera has unpleasant footage of Burmese ruby mine.
investment site profiles diamond companies.
From the Blog:
I wish everyone a nice weekend, although our thoughts are
with our colleagues in Japan …
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck