Again this week, our thoughts are with the people of Japan,
and our industry colleagues there …
Crisis in Japan:
– Indian newspaper: Will Japanese problems hurt
– Mining analyst: Will
impact diamond demand.
– Avi Krawitz: “Should ring warning
– De Beers sees “minimal
– Edahn Golan: “Believe in
– Depresses gold
How luxury brands are
– WFDB sends
condolences to Japan, says no diamond people known to be hurt.
– Diamond District starts
Japan relief fund.
– Anglo American donates
Streeters in Hot Water:
– Jeweler arrested for
– “Fake robbery” manufacturers back
in jail for attempted bribery.
Gem Diamonds sees 25% increase in
– Alrosa CEO sees
– Gulf jewelers have
“counter-strategies” for rising
– Chaim Even-Zohar: India fueling rough
Surat workers’ wages increase.
U.S. freezes Zimbabwe diamond
– “Informal talks” on
– Zim mining minster claims money dispute “put
Does Botswana wage disparity help South Africa?
Pandora U.S. sales rise
Should jewelers use
– Facebook launches Groupon-like
– Lawsuit targets Nordstrom,
More consumers buying with
Bidz sales, profit down.
Gem Diamonds’ profits up.
KP reports must be filed by
Diamdel begins registration
Italians unhappy about Bulgari/LVMH
Google takes step to prevent
counterfeits in adwords.
Neil Lane designs
– BBC story on Botswana diamond beneficiation. (Video.)
New York Times on the Asian market.
News on male jewelry.
Wall Street Journal on Pandora
New Yorker on the Van Cleef exhibit.
From the Blog:
I wish everyone a nice weekend, although, again, our
thoughts are with our colleagues in Japan …
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck