Zale investigation. Also, class action suit dismissed. Some good news for
– Breeden selling still
more Zale stock.
Retail sales rise for ninth
month in a row: Commerce Dept.
– U.S. luxury spending projected to rise.
Varda Shine predicts diamond prices will keep rising this
– Defends price
– Harry Winston also sees
– My thoughts on the
How can we promote diamonds
Avi Krawitz: the industry needs
Big purple-pink fails to sell at
– Sotheby’s auction sales disappoint.
Christie’s auctioning Elizabeth
– How the auction house “nabbed
– Henry Dunay remembers Taylor…
Former diamond dealer Danny Fiszman dies.
Did Chinese company in Marange sell
– On the other hand, the EU seeks to overturn chairman’s
– DTC (explicitly) warns: Don’t trade Marange
Edahn Golan on diamonds and the
Conflict minerals regulations postponed.
Dubai diamond sales doubled in 2010.
Israeli industry has strong
Rio Tinto diamond production drops 29%.
– Alrosa production up
– Report on new Alrosa/Rio Tinto deal.
Rio Tinto suspends Argyle
mine expansion due to flooding.
Rio Tinto’s India mine may
be halted due to court case.
Rio partners with human rights
Strike at South
African diamond regulator.
Liberia seeks to curb diamond smuggling.
Diamond arbitration verdict upheld.
Lazare Kaplan 3Q sells
Tiffany CEO’s pay rises.
– Management meets with Wells Fargo.
– Why is there no investor appetite for
Soros buys stock in
Blue Nile downgraded to
Pope’s jewelry being auctioned on
Former GIA president writes
Royal bride has
ring resized. Stop the presses.
Yo quiera esad diamante—Spanish for “I want that
diamond”—has been trending
on twitter. Not sure why.
Giants sells World
The new diamond
Beach newspaper writes up Joan Parker talk.
From the Blog:
Feel free to comment on any of the above below in the box
below, and have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck