This week … The diamond trade yanked the RJC’s chain … BHP may be selling Ekati. Probably by reverse clock auction … And Fox News seeks me out for my expertise on chintziness … All below …
Black Friday looks good for jewelers.
– National Jeweler agrees.
– Blue Nile Cyber Monday deals “sell out.”
Latest holiday prediction: Jewelry sales up 7 percent.
Tiffany & Co. sales soar.
– Disappointing guidance makes shares plunge.
– Tiffany opens diamond factory in Botswana.
BHP may exit diamond industry.
– “Always an uncomfortable fit.”
– “Obvious buyers” for Ekati: Alrosa, Rio Tinto.
– Avi Krawitz: Will it find a buyer?
Clark McEwen joins Sterling.
Why more companies want to know where their materials come from.
– Responsible Jewellery Council suspends finalization of system.
– My thoughts: The RJC punts.
Zimbabwe to open sales offices in Antwerp, Dubai.
– New mine auctioning 50,000 carats.
State Dept. hosts diamond industry leaders.
Oneearth interview with Tiffany CEO.
– Nodirtygold targets Macy’s.
Chow Tai Fook may surpass Tiffany in market value.
– Report: Soros investing in Chow Tai Fook IPO.
Graff IPO risky?
Rap list stays put.
Sad: Jolly’s, long-time Raleigh jeweler, closes.
Fabergé to open first U.S. boutique.
De Beers opens second store in China.
New Hampshire jeweler charged with buying stolen property.
Diamond dealer Cyril Madesker dies.
Syvrud to lead “Friends of DDI” program.
Australian diamond mine on the market.
Indian mine faces “local fears.”
Emerald ear pendants set records at Christie’s auction.
– Most expensive diamonds ever auctioned.
– Christie’s offers sneak peak of Liz Taylor pieces.
Indian diamond broker held for killing delivery boy.
De Beers mine close to James Bay squalor.
Large diamond found in Arkansas state park.
Chris Aire feted in Nigeria.
Diamond-studded Belgian chocolate.
I have to agree … this jewelry ad is weird.
Parks and Rec’s Aubrey Plaza wanted diamonds, you @#$%!
– Fox Business article on choosing an engagement ring “without being chintzy,” includes a quote by me, renowned expert on being chintzy.
– Fox News on gold parties.
– New York profiles Ivana Trump’s new boutique.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine