This week…. J.C. Penney won’t be putting everything on sale constantly…. Young consumers don’t buy everything on the Internet…. And that world’s largest emerald. It isn’t all that. Literally!… All below…
Samuels’ holiday sales up 9%.
Hudson’s Bay acquires Lord & Taylor.
– Berkshire Hathaway and…James Avery?
J.C. Penney says: So long, sales.
Bon-Ton names new CEO.
Van Der Kwast leaves ABN Amro diamond unit.
Ambassador is new Kimberley Process chairwoman.
Interview with retiring JA CEO Matt Runci.
Flash sale sites experience layoffs.
Survey: Younger consumers favor brick-and-mortar stores.
– Edahn Golan: Consumers today want experiences.
Hedda Schupak: Tiffany panic “premature.”
DTC sight estimate: $650 mill.
– Lower prices, assortment.
– Avi Krawitz: Sightholders “confused.”
Botswana/DTC deal will lure 200 sightholders each month to country.
Chinese smuggling case demonstrates “dark side” of diamond trade.
Online auction in India divides smaller companies.
Chaim Even Zohar: Not all Marange diamonds subject to sanctions. ($$) I should note, opinions differ there.
Diamond trader killed in Antwerp. Terrible news.
– Family members: Antwerp police “biased.”
Suspect arrested in Connecticut jeweler murder case.
– …And then kills himself.
Gemologist George Bosshart dies.
Ex-JICer Helena Krodel joins Studio PR.
Former JCKer Paul Holewa joins retail consultancy.
“World’s largest emerald”: Probably not all emerald.
PBS pulls Downton Abbey jewelry from site.
E.U. Iran embargo may include oil and diamonds.
Diamond scandal spreads in South Korea.
First Nations seeks diamond revenue.
Salman Rushdie woos wife with 7 ct. diamond.
Jewelry from Legos.
From the Blog:
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.