This week… Hong Kong show looks good.… Moissanite sales look real good…. And prospects for the Kimberley Process look, well, not terrible. Maybe.… All below…
Pandora’s worldwide sales drop, but U.S. stays steady.
Charles and Colvard 4Q sales double. Nice.
Sears, J.C. Penney both post full-year losses.
– JC Penney still doing percent-offs for jewelry.
– Fitch drops J.C. Penney rating to “junk.”
– Sears announces move to reduce debt.
– Turnaround “still going the wrong way.”
Richline acquires U.S. precious metal business.
– …and Italian jeweler Unoaerre (1AR)?
Hong Kong show “better than expected.”
– “Record attendance.”
– Ben Janowski’s observations from show season.
GIA introduces online-only reports.
Israeli officials “suspending” money laundering investigations.
Interview with new Kimberley Process chair.
– My thoughts: Can the KP Be Saved?
– State Dept. questionnaire.
Always Look on the Bright Side of Strife
– Chaim Even-Zohar touts “human” aspects of Marange mine. ($$)
– Zimbabwe rough exports creates jobs in Surat.
– Some in Mugabe part feeling “left out” of gravy train.
– Indian dealers urge U.S. to “rethink” ban.
Mozambique set to join Kimberley Process.
Final conflict minerals rule “close.”
– Chance of litigation?
Edahn Golan: New Indian tax supported by industry.
Bulgari entering India?
Avi Krawitz: Investment demand will help diamond market.
Will Blue Nile face competition from Amazon?
Argyle finds 12 ct. pink. Biggest in its history!
SCIO Diamond (synthetic) manufacturer progress report. Only 850 carats a year?
London jeweler clashes with Claire’s.
Cash4Gold still seeking buyer. (In middle of page)
Rachel Zoe designs Tiffany windows.
The mystery (not really) of Jessica Biel’s engagement ring.
– Adele’s engagement ring—just a loaner.
– Elizabeth Smart’s engagement ring.
The Transformers engagement ring.
The Wall Street Journal on Chinese diamond demand.
The Nightly Business Report: Diamonds surge in value and demand.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.