This week… Will the man-gagement ring sell? Or is that just a man-tasy?… De Beers class action filers may have to wait a little longer for their little checks.… And Zimbabwe NGOs are either skeptical or impressed about Marange. Depends who you read. (Really!)… All below…
De Beers antitrust payout may face further delays.
– Derek Parsons, Miami bourse head and original plaintiff, dies.
– My thoughts: How long will it drag on?
Diamond investment fund files with the SEC.
– Prospectus. (I should note, the prospectus erroneously says that De Beers still purchases gems from Alrosa. Not so.)
Chaim Even-Zohar: Diamond prices may fall this year.
– Rapaport: Diamond prices fall in February.
– Edahn Golan: 2012 looking bumpy for diamonds.
Warren Buffett calls gold “a bubble.”
– Opinion “baffles some.”
– Metal slips below $1,700.
– Nature “rules” at Baselworld.
– 2011: “Historic” year for watch industry.
– China may have overtaken the U.S. as watch market.
– World’s most expensive watch?
– Schwarzenegger makes appearance.
Is it time for the man-gagement ring?
Investment firm buys 50 percent of Alexis Bittar.
Gitanjali acquires Japanese jewelry firm.
Steinmetz, Graff, Leviev all Forbes billionaires.
Another Apple veteran joins J.C. Penney.
– DeGeneres boycott called off.
Study: Discounts often alienate consumers.
– Walmart low prices increases pressure on suppliers.
Indian diamond marketers targeting the youth.
– The diamond “Angadia networks” in India.
Charles Wyndham: BHP “most transparent diamond miner.”
Marange diamonds: A game changer?
– Black market “endures” for Marange diamonds.
– Robert Mugabe ally given top job at Zimbabwe miner.
NGOs given access to Marange mines.
Angolan generals may be questioned in diamond probe.
SEC to have phase-in for conflict mineral rule.
Chaim Even-Zohar surveys Canada’s diamond mines.
Platinaire licensed to Richline.
Adweek profiles Cartier’s latest.
– Start of something new?
Barrons: Tiffany “an investment gem.”
– Business that houses Paris store offered for sale.
Consumerist: Kay Jewelers can’t separate necklace?
Gilt Groupe has “excellent consumer data.”
Montblanc sues Google to uncover counterfeiters’ identities.
Diamond smuggler arrested in India.
Rash of thefts at Hong Kong diamond shops.
Alleged thief arrested after filling out credit card application.
PGI appoints regional director.
Borsheims CEO to co-chair “Friends of DDI.”
What happened to diamonds missing since World War II?
Ten most expensive celebrity engagement rings.
– Snooki’s ring worth at least $150,000.
From the Blog:
– Get blogs and news every day in JCK‘s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news updates: robbatesjck
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.@jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine