First, a personal note… The week of April 23 I will be at the AGS Conclave in Miami, covering the event and speaking on “What’s Happening in the Jewelry Industry?” Wed., April 25, at 4 p.m.… Hope to see some of you there, and I plan to post a blog or two while I’m over there.… Now the news…
This week… Not to sound like a broken record, but we just saw two more broken records.… Will BHP plus Rio equal KKR?… And there was jewelry lost on the Titanic. Maybe someone should make a movie about that.… All below…
Investment firm creating mega diamond miner?
– My thoughts: Who wants to buy a couple of diamond mines?
Indian tax agency “investigating” diamond companies.
– “Big traders involved.”
– Exports fall due to measures to halt “round-tripping.”
Ponzi scheme—at Israel Diamond Exchange?
9 ct. pink sets U.S. record at Christie’s.
– Fancy blue sets world record at Sotheby’s.
Update on lab-grown diamonds: The white club.
Chaim Even-Zohar reviews the diamond pipeline.
– Avi Krawitz: Trade must be “cautious.”
March retail sales show strong gains.
Breitling store paying record rent in London.
Silver prices may rise this year.
Qatar wealth fund takes stake in Tiffany.
DGSE stock halted on exchange.
Lazare Kaplan still not filing financials.
Will De Beers Bostwana move help Dubai?
Diamonds still financing arm sales on Ivory Coast.
Diamond World on chain-of-custody issues.
Fashion industry prefers “flash” sites to daily deals.
NCDIA appoints education director.
HSN appoints chief merchandise officer.
J.C. Keppie owner Marjorie Hughes dies.
Chicago jeweler Sherman Tucker dies.
British documentary profiles Liz Taylor’s jewelry obsession.
Angelina Jolie’s “massive engagement ring.”
Jeweler reunites veteran with Purple Heart.
A jeweler died on the Titanic. Where’s his jewels?
Man accidentally donates engagement ring to goodwill.
Diamond dealer loses millions in gems to prostitute.
– The Knot on how to find a “conflict-free” engagement ring.
– The Huffington Post on how to buy cheap diamonds.
– Time examines the best bridal at Fashion Week.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.