Posted early this week, but still a lot of stuff…
Gitanjali buys Rogers Jewelers for $18.5 million.
DTC moves sightholder D-Day. Just 3 weeks to see who’s been naughty and nice.
– Commentary: “Zale in free fall.”
Gassman @ Idex reduces holiday sales forecast.
Fred Meyer has problem with gem service plan.
Man caught smuggling rough into Belgium.
Israel and Liberia want to work together.
Leviev store picketed by pro-Palestinian group.
Pamela Anderson, role model to a generation, refuses to wear a diamond cause of Blood Diamond.
– The Wall Street Journal on jewelry at the time of the weak dollar.
– Business Week says consumers are shying away from gold.
– Reuters on diamonds as an investment.
– Page Six on Susan Sarandon and the Leviev protesters.
– Pittsburgh Tribune-Review disses diamonds.
– South African’s Times on Cilfford Elphick.
– WWD on Harry Winston.
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine