Wishing all who celebrate a merry Christmas.… If any big news breaks over the holiday, it will be posted here….
Sterling accuses JCPenney of copying
Will diamond prices increase
20% in next year?
– Analyst: Diamonds “should do well” in
GIA sees “surge” in larger
FTC issues new
Surat upbeat about
– Mumbai bourse still
over De Beers?
– My thoughts: “Diamond promotion is
– Edahn: JWT account closing “end of an era.”
Alrosa selling stake in Sveralmaz to
– Will take “six months” for Alrosa
to go public.
Interview with people behind
“diamond blue book.”
Korea to build diamond mine in Cameroon.
“Shady group” blocking KP/Zimbabwe
– Surat sourcing initaitve seeks
– Mugabe named “Diamond
Person of the Year, 2010.” I’m sure he’s very proud.
– Zim urged to use diamond sales for health care.
Dubai vows to
support the KP.
Leviev Moscow mall opening delayed.
– Africa-Israel CFO resigns.
De Beers store windows
using 3-D technology.
Freddy Hanard steps
down at AWDC. Wish him all the best in the future.
Guy in Naples arrested for trying to sell
moissanite. Note, the newspaper calls it “synthetic,” when it is actually a
Japanese scientists try to
create “world’s hardest diamond.”
away Argyle pinks.
Dubai hotel regrets
Diamond bourses offer
Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips’ engagement
Top 10 fictional
engagement rings. Clever idea for a list. Surprised no one’s thought of it
before. (Or at least I’ve never seen it before.)
– CNBC: Jewelry retail “sparkles.”
– Interesting interview
on Bloomberg (audio) with founder of Blue Nile.
on the rising price of gold. Wacky
on gold sales in India.
– Local jeweler interviewed by
California newspaper. With more confusion over synthetic.
Star Tribune asks where the diamond class action checks went.
writes up Day’s Jewelers’ “Fair Trade” diamonds.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend, and a wonderful holiday!
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed, w/blog, news
updates, and occasional office inside jokes: robbatesjck
– Skype: rob.bates3