This has been quite a year, and next year is shaping up to be another interesting one, with plenty to talk about. My best to everyone and here is hoping we all enjoy a happy and healthy 2010.
And now the news …
SpendingPulse: Jewelry sales up 5.6%.
NJ: Jewelers have solid last minute finish.
– December 26 “second busiest day.”
Comscore: Jewelry e-commerce sales “strong.”
– Best-selling jewelry on e-commerce sites.
Industry “good news” in 2009.
– Chaim: Consider what didn’t happen.
GLG’s “snapshot” of 2010.
De Beers to continue Everlon campaign next year.
Citibank wants to end Zale credit card agreement.
Latest Finlay operating report.
IDB still postponted.
Alex Barbour dies.
African Diamond Council releases PSA.
Alrosa appointment “signals change.”
– Company plans to issue bonds.
– Renews export licenses.
Armenia negotiating for bourse.
Surat cutting more big stones.
Mark Boston on what a broker does.
Baltimore jeweler killed.
Leviev selling off assets.
– Drops down on “World’s Richest” list.
Idex releases “price applicator” for Iphone.
Michael O’Connor offers PR services for industry.
Paris Hilton gets diamonds for Christmas.
Foreign Policy article on blood diamonds.
Los Angeles Times on LA jewelers. Downbeat!
New Orleans Times Picuyane on diamond sales. Upbeat!
From the Blog:
Again, have a great new year (and decade). See you in 2010.
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com