This week: Holiday looks good. Bill targets Signet harassment policies. Is a Pandora ad sexist? All below.
Signet’s credit practices spur investigations.
– Was in-house credit its “secret sauce”?
– New sexual harassment bill inspired by Signet arbitration policies.
Luxury jewelers see promising start to holiday.
– More shoppers self-gifting this season.
– Young consumers favoring experiential holiday gifts.
Millennials more likely to think engagement rings mean ownership.
Pantone names Ultra Violet 2018 Color of the Year.
Pandora ad called sexist, removed.
Chinese millennials don’t really get Tiffany.
– WSJ: Can Tiffany turn tea into diamonds? ($)
Top M&A targets in jewelry.
Profile of Blue Nile New Hampshire webroom.
Retail predictions for 2018.
Charming Charlie about to declare bankruptcy.
– Closing stores, laying off staff.
Investor asks Sears to go private.
Hudson’s Bay cuts undermine sales.
Wal-Mart changes name to Walmart.
Macy’s will hire 7,000 holiday temporary workers.
Looking again at the “real” diamond question.
– Diamond Producers Association writes letter to New York Times.
Rapaport looks at women in diamond mining.
Exelco wants to sell assets to SimplexDiam.
Peace Diamond sells to Graff for $6.5 million.
– Albert Robinson: Shows good diamonds can do.
De Beers introduces diamond tracing, backed by blockchain.
De Beers also amps up fixed price contracts.
Can diamond industry help Israel’s economy?
A&Z Pearls shut down as owner retires.
Laurence Nicolas joins Sotheby’s.
De Beers reshuffles executive committee.
Ex-L’Oréal exec to drive India DPA campaign.
Swiss watchmaker IWC “selling experiences” rather than profits.
Conn. jeweler to plead guilty to fraud scheme.
Meghan Markle engagement ring replica becomes bestseller.
– Original designer refuses to make them.
– Ring a “royal gift” to the industry.
Smithsonian creates “near perfect” copies of the Hope Diamond.
Lady Gaga has “huge” engagement ring.
Diamond- and gold-covered sex toys.
New York Times: Insiders chose watches under $1,000.
Business Insider: Why a former watch buyer gave up.
Vogue: What if you don’t like your engagement ring.
Independent says stop buying diamonds.
Why Hollywood insiders like diamonds.
Elle UK on ethical jewelry.
From the Blog
Happy Hannukah to all who celebrate. Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)