Pre-registration for the Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair, being held Sept. 14-19, is up 10% over the previous year, according to show organizers.
The top six participating countries are the US, United Kingdom, India, Australia, Japan and Hong Kong, say co-organizers of the trade fair the Department of Export Promotion and the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association.
“Pre-registration is usually a very good indicator for us”, said Somphol Termpitayavej, TGJTA acting president “We know we can expect increased attendance based on the number of pre-registration forms we receive.” He added that the last edition of the fair drew nearly 30,000 buyers from around the world and expects no less this time around. Somphol also said the waiting list for exhibitors continues to grow.
Gem and jewelry exports for the fist five months of 2005 reached $1.2 billion, a 20.4 % increase from the same period in 2004. The DEP expects exports to hit $3.4 billion for the year, a 30% increase over the previous year.
Special displays for the September edition of the show, which is held twice per year, include:
* “TGJ Elite Creations,” an exhibition of jewelry and jewel encrusted objects d’ art from leading manufacturers in Thailand.
* “Hot 2004,” a showcase new jewelry designs from some of Thailand’s top jewelry manufacturers.
* “Thailand Silver Jewelry Design Contest 2005,”a DEP-sponsored competition that encourages young designers to display their talent. Winning entries are showcased at the fair.
* “Thai Silver Exporter Club Showcase,” which presents special work by Thailand’s leading silver jewelry producers.
* “Closed Bid Auction,” which includes diamonds, loose gemstones, and jewelry and other high-value items.
For more information contact the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association at Jewelry Trade Center, 52nd floor, 919/616 Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand; Tel: 662-630-1390, Fax: 662-630-1399. Register online at: www.thaigemjewelry.or.th/gemsfair; or by email at email@example.com