This week: Tiffany installs a robin’s-egg blue vending machine. Mehul Choksi is in the islands. And shopping-mall operators start to breathe easier. All below.
No fair! Swatch will leave Baselworld.
– Head of parent company resigns.
Federal Trade Commission Fallout
– Is metals ruling a game changer?
– Diamond groups aren’t happy.
– Will CIBJO, ISO change standards?
– My thoughts: Should the revision be revised?
Anglo-American CEO would buy a lab diamond for his daughter.
– Ben Janowski ponders Lightbox.
– Middle-America jewelers sound off.
Forevermark to open first U.S. retail store.
RealReal opens L.A. store, raises $115 million.
Mall owners hope “retail collapse” is over.
– New York City sees “retail reawakening.”
– The future of the physical store.
– Brookstone to close all its mall stores.
– Ten retailers at risk for bankruptcy.
Wages for entry-level retail jobs are rising.
– 80 percent of U.S. workers live paycheck to paycheck.
– Retail execs get biggest bonuses in years.
Blockchain may drive $100 billion in retail efficiencies.
J.C. Penney “abandons millennials.”
– Tells managers to focus on customers, not inbox.
– It’s still searching for a CEO.
Folli Follie creditors see bankruptcy as invalid.
– Company slapped with fine.
Tiffany installs perfume vending machine.
Flont kicks off online public offering.
New design-your-own-engagement-ring site premieres.
GIA study solves mystery of blue diamonds.
Rio Tinto diamond revenue declines.
De Beers to close Voorspoed mine.
Alrosa sells top diamond from Dynasty collection.
Mehul Choksi confirmed to be in Antigua and Barbuda.
– Received citizenship since last year.
– Indian government claims it did not clear citizenship.
– Government would consider “legit” extradition request.
Indian bank gets okay to subpoena Nirav Modi.
Questions raised over Brexit backer’s diamond holdings.
Pebble Mine project proceeds despite governor’s doubts.
– Financial backer walks away.
Jewelry company can’t protest “artistry” mark, court rules.
Swedish royal jewels stolen from cathedral.
Jeweler warns of fake gold.
Stolen jewelry, coins auctioned by marshals.
Jewelry store with 3D printer nervous about 3D-printed guns.
Grandkids steal grandmother’s jewelry.
Man finds grandmother’s ring in perfect condition, after fire destroys house.
Ancient gold pieces discovered at burial site.
Man found huge gold nugget—and kept it secret.
JLo not engaged, simply has “ring of significance.”
Forbes profiles Brilliant Earth CEO Beth Gerstein.
Post Bulletin financial columnist says an engagement ring is not an investment.
From the Blog
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)