This week: A jeweler says news reports drove him out of business. Israeli bourse expels two for synthetic swapping. And a $30,000 ring is found at a San Diego dump. All below.
Samuels Jewelers goes Chapter 11.
– Indian bank in fraud case set to appear.
– Owner Choksi faces new charges.
– India seeks to extradite him.
– Pandora’s CEO Friis resigns.
– Pandora appoints new head of North American division.
– Cuts nearly 400 jobs.
– CNN: Charms now the problem.
– Bloomberg has advice.
New site lets jewelers sell watch brands online.
What the watch industry really thinks about Baselworld.
– Lessons on Basel from JCK archives.
China looks to hit diamonds with import tariffs.
Chaim Even-Zohar: De Beers sees Lightbox as its future.
Israeli bourse bans dealers for synthetic swapping.
U.K. group not changing terminology despite FTC.
– Diamond analyst calls for industry to oppose FTC decision.
Average millennial spends $3,000 for a ring.
– Survey shows millennials’ favorite jewelry brands, opinions on lab-growns.
– Luxury watch brands target millennials.
San Francisco retailer Gump’s goes Chapter 11.
Five trends reshaping retail.
– Former J. Crew president: Retail involves “too much shlepping.”
Black fashion designers still “emerging.”
Ben Bridge legend Orley Solomon dies.
JCK publisher Mark Smelzer, Elizabeth Brewer consult for Jewelers of America.
Small diamonds crash in price.
Company says it has world’s “brightest” diamond.
De Beers may return to Angola.
Alrosa sells most expensive gem in its history.
Colorado jeweler forced to close after complaints, news coverage.
Cartier accuses jeweler of selling counterfeit bracelet.
Uproar over Singapore store selling ivory jewelry.
Bride-to-be is mad at Michael Hill over diamond warranty.
Winning designs from the 2018 AGTA Spectrum Awards.
– Amy Elliott’s favorites.
GIA offering $2 million in scholarships.
Even Yurman makes first campaign for David Yurman.
S.A. Kitsinian opening retail flagship.
Bowman Jewelers in Tennessee passes the torch.
Staunton, Va., jeweler gets new owners.
24 Karat Club of Southern California honors three.
Kim Kardashian considered “riskiest” fashion endorser.
Grace Mugabe hit with diamond lawsuit.
Lil Wayne sues over diamond chain.
Roman gold ring unearthed in England.
The battle for Colombia’s sunken treasure.
$30,000 diamond ring found at a San Diego dump.
Staten Island, N.Y., jeweler Amerosi shares memories.
Albuquerque, N.M., jeweler still going strong.
So is 95-year-old Washington jeweler Ed Foster.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)