Amazon.com, Inc. said Monday that the 2005 holiday season was its best ever.
The Seattle–based online retailer did not yet report sales Amazon.com’s Jewelry & Watches store but did say that its biggest sale during the season was a $94,000 pair of diamond earrings. In addition, the last order placed on Dec. 22nd in time for Christmas delivery contained 14K Yellow Gold Four Prong 4mm Square Sapphire Stud Earrings. The earrings were delivered to Albany, Oregon on Dec. 23rd.
The most popular jewelry items for the season included a 20-inch sterling silver eternity cross pendant, a diamond circle pendant, and a floating heart pendant with diamond. The Invicta Men’s Automatic Pro Diver S2, the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and Movado Women’s Amarosa watches among the top watches sold during the season.
Other Amazon.com highlights for the 2005 holiday shopping season, include:
* On the peak day of the season, Amazon’s worldwide fulfillment network shipped more than 2.7 million units.
* More than 600,000 gift certificates were ordered between Nov. 25 and Dec. 22.
* Amazon.com shipped to more than 200 countries.
* One of Amazon.com’s most remote shipments was the Panasonic PVL552H VHS-C Camcorder with 4.0″ LCD shipped to Napaskiak, Alaska.
* More than 99 percent of orders were shipped in time to meet holiday deadlines worldwide.