Alan M. Zimmer, president/CEO of Reeds Jewelers, Wilmington, N.C., was elected chairman of Jewelers of America during JA’s Board of Directors meeting in New York on July 26. Zimmer succeeds Carolyn Pope of Crews Jewelry, Grandview, Mo., whose two-year term ended.
“I am honored to have been elected chairman of Jewelers of America,” Zimmer said. “By offering retail jewelers valuable education, certification, marketing and cost-saving programs, and by providing leadership on important national issues, JA continues to benefit the retail jeweler and raise the bar of professionalism for the industry as a whole.”
Also at the JA board meeting, the following officers were elected:
· John Cohen, Carlyle & Co. Jewelers, Greensboro, N.C., chairman-elect.
· John Green, Lux, Bond & Green, West Hartford, Conn., vice-chairman.
· Terry Burman, Sterling Jewelers, Akron, Ohio, vice-chairman.
· Susan Jacques, Borsheim’s, Omaha, Neb., treasurer.
· Georgie Gleim, Gleim the Jeweler, Palo Alto, Calif, secretary.
JA also welcomed the following new board members:
· Artie Bennos, Simms II Jewelers, Winchester, Mass.
· Jon Bridge, Ben Bridge Jeweler, Seattle.
· Vicki Cunningham, Cunningham Fine Jewelry, Tulsa, Okla.
· Stanislas de Quercize, Cartier, New York.
· Mary Forte, Zale Corp., Irving, Texas.
· Michael L. White, White’s Jewelers, Springfield, Tenn.
· Jeffrey W. Comment, Helzberg Diamonds, North Kansas City, Mo.
· Esther Fortunoff, Fortunoff, Uniondale, N.Y.
· Joseph Hagan, Jewelry Creations, Dover, N.H.
· Marion Halfacre, Traditional Jewelers, Newport Beach, Calif.
· H. Victor Hellberg, Hellberg’s Jewelers, Marshalltown, Iowa.
· Michael J. Kowalski, Tiffany & Co., New York.
· William Merkley, Merkley-Kendrick Jewelers, Louisville, Ky.
· Michael Parker, Michael’s Fine Jewelry, Aiea, HI.
· Alan Rodriguez, House of Stones, New Philadelphia, Ohio.
· Raimie H. Weber, George Fillmore Goldsmiths & Jewelers, Canton, Conn.
· Richard White, Ed White Jewelers, Cullman, Ala.
Completing their terms on the JA board, in addition to Carolyn Pope, are Clayton Bromberg of Underwood Jewelers, Jacksonville, Fla.; Ralph Destino of Cartier, New York; Margaret Johnson-Ayres of Ayres Jewelry Colo., Casper, Wyo.; and Paul Minton of B.C. Clark Jewelers, Oklahoma City, Okla.