Between yesterday’s Magnificent Jewels sale at Sotheby’s and a well-stocked high jewelry affair kicking off at Phillips tomorrow, this is a really good week to be in New York if you tend to score big when shopping for jewelry at auction.
Phillips, a leading global platform for buying and selling 20th- and 21st-century art and design, holds auctions and exhibitions in salesrooms in New York, London, Geneva, and Hong Kong. The New York sale starts at 2 p.m. on Dec. 6, and those who wish to preview the lots have an opportunity to do so in person today.
A few highlights worth noting:
- A ring with a 19.4 ct. Kashmir sapphire center stone (estimate: $400,000–$600,000)
- An important fancy intense blue diamond (estimate: $600,000–$800,000)
- A Bulgari necklace composed of Burmese rubies and diamonds that’s circa 2000 but could have been something Richard Burton dropped into Liz Taylor’s Christmas stocking (estimate: $120,000–$180,000).
- There’s a companion online-only jewelry auction happening concurrently including this emerald and diamond ballerina ring, this emerald-cut, 21.65 ct. aquamarine ring (a look that’s very in demand, thanks to Meghan Markle), and these Buccellati beauties that are already seeing a bit of action. The estimates are pretty modest, too.
- Proceeds from the sales of Lots 47–51 will be donated directly to the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development.
And, just in case anyone needs stocking stuffer ideas for me…
Top: Lot 59, ring in 18k yellow gold with 4.85 ct. green tourmaline and 1 ct. t.w. diamonds, CartierFollow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine