The top stories for March. Don’t miss a headline! Sign up for our daily newsletter at jckonline.com/newsletters/subscribe.
1. Industry Shrinkage Increased Dramatically in 2014, JBT Says
Business closings skyrocketed 32 percent, with all sectors of the industry taking a hit.
2. 7 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Rubies
JCK editor-in-chief Victoria Gomelsky shares the skinny on the ruby market.
3. Fifty Shades of Grey Necklace Boosts Designer’s Career
Seattle designer Lisa Richardt was flooded with orders for the delicate horseshoe necklace that actress Dakota Johnson wore in the movie.
4. Jeweler Recovers Stolen 6.04 Carat Diamond After Internet Search
After searching the Internet every day for over a year, a Florida jeweler found the center stone of a $79,000 ring that was swiped from his store in 2013.
5. San Diego Jeweler Charged With Identity Theft
Ramil Abalkhad, owner of Romano’s Jewelers, and two of his employees were slapped with 14 counts of identity theft for using service members’ Social Security numbers to charge up their in-house accounts.