Jaclyn Rice, business development category manager for Google Helpouts—an online tool that provides help from experts via live video—weighs in on how retailers can best leverage the new service.
1. When there’s downtime, set up your employees on Helpouts to help people all over the world. They can teach someone what to look for when buying jewelry and how to get the most value when jewelry shopping.
2. Promote your Helpouts on your website, blog, and YouTube channel with a button that will drive people directly to your presence on Helpouts.
3. Advertise your jewelry services on Helpouts to existing clients so you can become more ingrained in their lives.
4. Drive traffic to your store or your website by incorporating information for both in your Helpouts description.
5. Bundle services with purchases in store. For example, offer a free Helpout session covering basic jewelry maintenance when a customer purchases a certain item.