JCK’s Design Center named ZFolio Gallery in Monterey, Calif., its top retail store at the 10th annual Designer Retailer Awards on June 2 during JCK Las Vegas 2013.
Second place went to I. Gorman Jewelers, in Washington, D.C., and third was awarded to Worthmore Jewelers, in Atlanta. All 50 recipients were honored in the celebratory ceremony.
“This is truly a remarkable accomplishment, realizing that many of the recognized retailers have been in the business for generations,” said Zdena Jiroutova of ZFolio in a statement. “ZFolio is new and fresh, and we are happy to represent over 80 designers from around the world.”
Michael Mendizza and Zdena Jiroutova, owners of ZFolio Gallery, with Lars Parker-Myers, manager strategic accounts for JCK Events.
The specific criteria for the choosing the top 50 jewelers include: educating the consumer on the quality and value of designer jewelry, displaying and merchandising designer products for maximum salability, and commitment to fair business practices.
The full top 50 list:
- ZFolio Gallery, Monterey, Calif.,
- I. Gorman Jewelers, Washington, D.C.
- Worthmore Jewelers, Atlanta
- Blue Stone Jewelers, Tahoe City, Calif.
- Amethyst, Bethesda, Md.
- Max’s, St. Louis Park, Minn.
- Sabbia, Chicago
- Steve Quick Jeweler, Chicago
- The Wedding Ring Shop, Honolulu
- Terra Firma Gallery, Sonoma, Calif.
- TWIST, Portland, Ore.
- Greenwich Jewelers, New York City
- Aspen Jewel Box, Aspen, Colo.
- The Gifted Hand, Wellesley, Mass.
- Blanca Flor Silver Jewelry, Annapolis, Md.
- DBS Jewelers, St. Michaels, Md.
- Dolphin Galleries, Wailea, Hawaii
- Good Inc., Boston
- Manika Jewelry, San Francisco
- Pagéo, Boston
- Roseark, Los Angeles
- Sharfmans Jewelers, Worcester, Mass.
- Sterling Jewelers, Wethersfield, Conn.
- Sorrel Sky Gallery, Durango, Colo.
- The Laughing Dog Gallery, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Squash Blossom, Vail, Colo.
- A Thousand Faces, Nashville, Tenn.
- Tiny Jewel Box , Washington, D.C.
- The Art Stop, Tacoma, Wash.
- The Golden Tulip, St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada
- Skyline Gallery, Tucson, Ariz.
- Renee Taylor Gallery, Sedona, Ariz.
- R. Grey Gallery, Boise, Idaho
- Pinnacle Gallery, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Mystique, Alexandria, Va.
- Ladyfingers Jewelry, Carmel, Calif.
- Left Bank Gallery, Wellfleet, Mass.
- La Galleria, Truckee, Calif.
- Lux Bond & Green, West Hartford, Conn.
- John Mays Jewelers, Fort Smith, Ariz.
- J.C. Sipe Jewelers, Indianapolis
- Gold Bug, Pasadena, Calif.
- Gallery of Jewels, San Francisco
- Design House, Waco, Texas
- Day’s Jewelers, Waterville, Maine
- Henry’s Trading Post, Cape May, N.J.
- Lionshead Jewelers, Vail, Colo.
- Marilyn’s Style, Pentwater, Mich.
- The Nautical Rooster, Old Saybrook, Conn.
- Uno Alla Volta, North Branford, Conn.