Israel Diamond Exchange Names Building Entrance for Simcha Lustig

The Israeli
diamond industry named the entrance to the Israel Diamond Exchange after Simcha
Lustig, former chairman of the Israel Diamond Institute Group of Companies, in a
ceremony held on October 5.

Lustig, who
passed away last year, was a respected leader of the Israeli Diamond Industry.
He served in many key positions in the Israel Diamond Exchange and the Israel
Diamond Manufacturers Association. 
From 1973–1992, he was a member of IDE’s board of directors, reaching
the position of acting president. He was also an active member of the IsDMA board of directors.

Lustig was born
in 1937 to a family of diamantaires, who owned one of the first diamond
polishing plants in Israel. He began his career in the diamond industry in
1958, and was honored in 1974 with the Israel Outstanding Exporter Award and in
2008 with a Lifetime Achievement Award and Dignitary of the Industry
Award.  During his military service
in the Israeli paratroopers he was injured and remained paralyzed in both legs,
but maintained an active lifestyle.