In honor of National Small Business Week, the National Retail Federation developed an infographic depicting the big role small businesses play in the retail industry.
The annual JCK Retailer Survey featured in the November 2012 issue found a similar percentage of jewelry stores had fewer than 10 employees (85 percent), but only 77 percent of respondents said they operated only one store, differing a substantial amount from the 96 percent shown in this infographic that uses data from 2007.
For more infographics, check out:
- Infographic: What Can You Get for the Price of a Celebrity Engagement Ring?
- 86% of Brides Think Overall Engagement Ring Design Is Most Important
- A Decade in Diamond Jewelry Heists
- Infographic: 10 Pinterest Best Practices
- Infographic: History of Diamonds
- Where Does Gold Come From and Where Does It Go?
- How Much Do Small Businesses Spend on Social Media?
- The History of the Engagement Ring
- The Most Expensive Jewelry Ever Sold at Auction