All links certified by PricewaterhouseCoopers
In three days, this blog turns 10 years old. That translates to about—God help me—500 of these weekly roundups. Thank you all for reading and commenting. I appreciate it more than I can say.
This week: Good news for Apple Watch. A new retail recession? And a newspaper comments section proves good for something. All below.
JCK editors pick their favorite Oscar looks.
Report revives Sterling sexual harassment claims.
– Barbara Palumbo: The jewelry industry “need[s] to talk.”
– Stock slides.
– Seeking Alpha: “Serious concerns.”
– Slate points to commercials.
– Failure of the arbitration system?
– Timely piece on “brands in crisis.”
Leviev arbitration award totaled $142 million.
– Award totals $209 million, LGC claims.
– Julius Klein Group planning to appeal.
Moody’s says number of distressed retailers approaching recession-era levels.
Jewelers Vigilance Committee appoints new president, CEO.
World Diamond Council names executive director.
Alrosa chooses new CEO.
Former owner of Alpha Omega Jewelers arrested, indicted.
New York City jeweler’s death ruled homicide.
Indian diamond industry “opens up.”
New De Beers mine in Canada begins production.
Civil claim dismissed against store in suit over theft.
Georgia couple accused of “diamond swindle.”
Apple Watch has “best sales quarter yet.”
Swatch Group makes world’s smallest Bluetooth chip.
Brilliant Earth opening showrooms in Washington, D.C., and Colorado.
BJ’s Wholesale Club preparing sale or IPO.
Gold coin dealer targets jewelers.
Kylie Jenner flashes diamond wedding band.
Priyanka Chopra wears $5 million in diamonds.
Stone similar to Kim Kardashian’s surfaces in Italy.
Treasure hunters discover 2,500-year-old gold jewelry.
Diamond ring found, thanks to newspaper comments section.
– The Economist on the engagement ring’s “waning power.”
– Wisconsin TV station on lab-grown diamonds.
– The New Yorker on Pebble Mine.
– CultureMap Houston on Todd Reed.
– Bustle on cleaning your engagement ring.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.