The annual Baselword watch and jewelry fair kicked off today in Basel, Switzerland, and already the Instagram accounts of top brands, industry reporters, and influencers are on fire with photos of cool new watches, collections, and scenes from the show floor.
Couldn’t make it to the fair this year? Here are five Instagram accounts that will make you feel like you’re walking its sprawling floors:
1. JCK editor-in-chief Victoria Gomelsky is on the ground in Basel as usual—reporting and posting eye candy and news to her ‘Gram along the way. Gomelsky’s the rare editor who’s equally knowledgable about watches and jewelry. Follow her at @vikavickyvictoria.
2. Stephen Watson, the excellent watch editor for Hearst Digital Media, is also across the pond, reporting exclusively on men’s watches. Follow him at @steviewatches.
3. Cara Barrett, the only female editor at watch site Hodinkee, is a former watch cataloger for Sotheby’s and has fantastic taste in watches—and a straightforward way of capturing them on Instagram (it’s always a bird’s-eye view, close-up wrist shot). Follow her at @its.cara.time.
4. Town & Country editor-in-chief (and jewelry expert and author) Stellene Volandes is also cruising the fair right now—she just started posting dazzling photos of jewelry and watches to her account. Follow her at @stellenevolandes.
5. Jewelry insider-influencer Katerina Perez’s Instagram feed will undoubtedly focus on high-ticket jewelry pieces. Already it’s glittering with diamonds. Follow her at @katerina_perez.