Posted on April 23, 2012
Clichés exist for a reason.
They tend to be true. One of my favorites is: A leader without followers is just a guy (or gal) out for a walk.
Here are five more good reads I found that should help you become a better business leader and ensure you have plenty of company on your daily constitutional.
1. You know that yogurt you ate this morning? It could actually help your company’s culture.
2. Sometimes being nice doesn’t work if you want to innovate. A thought-provoking blog from Harvard Business Review on how a “nicely nicely” work environment slows down creative thinking.
3. On that same topic, a piece from Fast Company on why being a meaner boss will help your company and make your employees happy.
4. A book excerpt on creativity makes the case that “the biggest failures of our lives are not those of execution, but failures of imagination.” For more help with being creative, check out this video featuring John Cleese.
5. Tim Malone outlines some reasons why leadership is essential for jewelry retailers.