Posted on May 4, 2012
This week … Goodbye Charlie! What does Taylor’s conviction mean for the industry—and Naomi Campbell? (Seriously, there are articles about what Taylor’s trial means for Naomi Campbell) … J.C. Penney: New Apple, or new Sears?… Plus, go Gemologist! … All below …
Richline announces purchase of Inverness, LeachGarner
Gold price sees three month drop, first since 2001.
DTC sight estimated at $520 million.
- Chaim Even-Zohar: De Beers doing new strategic review. ($)
My thoughts on HRD and past grading scandals
More layoffs at J.C. Penney
- “Turning into Sears?”
- Launching Cosmopolitan magazine jewelry line
Sears trying to “transform business.”
Graff seeking Hong Kong IPO.
- Gets go-ahead.
“Many” interested buyers for Rio’s diamond mines.
- Diavik reaches mining “milestone.”
Section on diamonds in Charles Taylor verdict.
- U.S. lauds conviction.
- Prosecutor seeks 80-year sentence.
- Naomi Campbell’s evidence “crucial.” (If true, that was a weak case.)
- Avi Krawitz: Taylor’s legacy.
- My thoughts: Why Taylor’s conviction matters.
U.S. diplomat says Botswana diamond “hopefully coming soon.”
Edahn Golan: Industry needs to “lead change.”
Hermés wins $100 million counterfeiting judgment.
Judge voids Illinois Internet sales tax law.
Botswana’s diamond exports recover.
Diamond transport accident in Zimbabwe.
Diamonds International boss responds to anti-Semitic comment.
Birks and Mayors now accepting Asian credit cards.
New video game talks about bribing U.N. diamond inspectors.
- Jolie’s jeweler sues Perez Hilton for libel.
Industry roots for horse named Gemologist in Kentucky Derby.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
- Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
- Twitter feed: robbatesjck
- Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
- Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.