Posted on April 27, 2012
This week … The AGS has fun in the sun ... Things seem a little less fun at HRD ... And Charles Taylor goes down ...All below …
AGS Does Miami
- My report: A lot of caution, some optimism.
- Good rundown of my speech in National Jeweler.
- Astronaut talks of lessons.
- Fred E. Weber wins Shipley award.
- AGS honoring the Bridge family, Moeller, some dude.
HRD investigation finds “improprieties.”
Diver’s emerald find featured on 60 Minutes.
United Nations maintains Ivory Coast diamond sanctions.
Charles Taylor found guilty for “blood diamonds.”
- Global Witness statement.
Edahn Golan on the arbitration process.
Moissanite sales up.
GIA spokeswoman moving on.
De Beers says Botswana DTC move “perfectly timed.”
Zim mining minister invited to KP meeting.
- Indian companies hope sanctions will be lifted.
Israeli pilot found innocent by Zimbabwe court.
Concerns Chinese economy is slowing.
Diamond Circle Capital realizes profit of $3 million.
Antwerp dealer Baruch Daum dies.
Police identify New York diamond-stealing prostitute.
Woman makes dog into a diamond.
- This article from Time.com on diamond investing is okay until the reporter talks about diamond supply, then he just starts putting a lot of nonsense out there.
- International Herald Tribune on blood diamonds and the Kimberley Process.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend ...
- Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
- Twitter feed: robbatesjck
- Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
- Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK's daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.