Posted on November 17, 2006
Tassels and lariats are dropping like they’re hot. Often relegated as home-decor trim or embellishment (think draperies), the tassel has gone upscale. Gold and silver versions hang from necks and wrists, as does its cousin, the lariat. Clustered strands of chain update the layered look of seasons past. Here, some versions that have me all tied up.
- David Yurman’s elegant jewel bead tassel earrings and tassel enhancer, at Neiman Marcus
- Simon Alcantara’s chain lariat necklace, at Neiman Marcus
- Rachel Leigh’s Bliss necklace is as advertised
- Slane & Slane’s gorgeous sterling silver tassel pendant and necklace, at Neiman Marcus
- Mizuki’s clavicle-skimming, five-strand caviar drop earrings, at Fragments
- Greenbeads’ brown pearl necklace with brown tassel: the perfect chocolate offering, at Fragments
- Beth Orduna’s wispy black pearl earrings with 14k gold fringe
- Pianegonda’s Trait D’Union earrings rock with multiple chains, at eLuxury
Check out the last Trend Spotting: Tusks + Horns.