1. Englewood, Colo.–based Shane Co. is seeking an official exit from Chapter 11. The 20-store chain filed a reorganization plan that calls for Thomas Shane and various family trusts to retain ownership.
2. Los Angeles-based American International Gemologists filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in July. Total assets are listed at $2,800 and liabilities at $216,724.11.
3. The LP Watch Group—the Hollywood, Fla., maker of Lucien Piccard watches—has sought Chapter 11 protection. The 87-year-old group lists total assets as $10,567,549.50, and liabilities at $11,964,117.27.
4. Ex–Carlyle and Co. CEO Russell Cohen is not liable for obligations incurred by Adamas Partners, ruled the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York. Cohen’s Adamas had agreed to buy 14 Carlyle stores, but pulled out when Rolex withdrew its support.
5. Cartier is suing “flash” site Hautelook for allegedly selling damaged and secondhand Cartier goods without permission.