Eight up-and-coming artists have been named winners of the Buyers Market of American Craft Merit Awards. The award enable artists to show their work to gift and art retailers at the Buyers Market of American Craft held August 1 – 3, 2009, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
Winners receive tradeshow exhibit space at a fraction of regular costs, plus assistance with marketing their designs to handcraft retailers.
The 2009 Merit Award winners of the Buyers Market of American Craft are:
* Curviture, the handcrafted furniture studio of Jason Green, Boone, N.C.
* Delias Thompson, jewelry designer, Atlanta, Ga.
* Dovetail, the printed ceramics studio of Josh and Margaret Smith, Lexington, Ky.
* Erica Stankwytch Bailey, metalsmith and jewelry designer, Fayetteville, N.C.
* East Falls Glassworks, the glass-blowing studio of Jon Goldberg, Philadelphia, Pa.
* Gallery Blue/Michelle Mardis, original paintings, Tarpon Springs, Fla.
* Nora Dougherty, jewelry designer, Santa Cruz, Calif.
* Pamela Lauz Jewellery, jewelry designer, Oakville, Ontario
Jewelry by Pamela Lauz, Oakville, Ontario.
For more information about the Buyers Market of American Craft, contact Jean Thompson at (410) 889-2933, ext. 218.